Sam is a partner in the Compensation, Governance & ERISA practice.
Sam provides the full range of employment and benefits advice on transactions and stand-alone employment matters. He has substantial experience of advising on the employment and benefits aspects of various transactions, including U.K. listings, share and asset acquisitions and disposals (both U.K.-based and multi-jurisdictional transactions), joint ventures and other transactions.
Sam also provides the full range of stand-alone employment advice, including the implementation of employment and benefit arrangements for senior executives, implementing executive severance arrangements, managing U.K. and international redundancy exercises and related consultation requirements, the establishment of share incentive and bonus plans, claims involving breach of restrictive covenants and other employment-related issues. He also advises various financial institutions on compliance with regulatory requirements on remuneration, in particular the FCA/PRA’s Remuneration Codes and, at a European level, CRDIV.
- Corning Incorporated on its $900 million acquisition of Communication Markets Division from 3M Company.
- Sompo Holdings on its acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings for $6.3 billion.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market on its establishment as an international financial center in the United Arab Emirates (awarded “Corporate Team of the Year” at the Corporate Counsel Middle East Awards 2015 and “Regulatory and Investigations Team of the Year″ at the British Legal Awards 2016), in particular in relation to the drafting of the relevant employment legislation for ADGM.
- Fairfax on its £1.2billion offer for Brit plc.
- Société Générale on its €251 million acquisition of Kleinwort Benson Bank Limited and Kleinwort Benson Channel Islands Holdings Limited.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its offer to acquire Trayport for $650 million.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its sale of certain U.S. voice brokerage operations, through its subsidiary Creditex Group Inc., to Tullett Prebon.
- GE Capital on its sale of GE Capital Services India and GE Money Financial Services Private Limited to Plutus Financials Pvt. Ltd.
- GE on its sale, through its subsidiary GE Aviation, of its avionics business to Ontic, BBA Aviation’s legacy support business.
- Liberty Global, Inc on its $23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media.
- Intercontinental Exchange on its $8.2 billion acquisition of NYSE Euronext.
- Fenway Sports on various employment matters relating to Liverpool Football Club.
- Group FNAC on various senior management changes on its takeover of Darty Plc.
- Indian Hotels Company Limited on various employment matters relating to Taj Hotels UK.
- Tyrells Potato Crisps on various stand-alone employment matters.
- Moneycorp on various senior management changes.
- Bridgepoint on its strategic $100 million investment in Deliveroo.
- Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Element Materials Technology from 3i Group plc and Element Materials Technology on various senior management changes
- Virgin Media on its acquisition of Arqiva Wifi Limited and Arqiva Group.
- Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of CRF Health from Verdane funds for an undisclosed sum.
- Acacia Mining Plc on various stand-alone employment matters relating to senior management.
- Aker Solutions AS on its annual implementation of a cross-border employee stock purchase plan.
- Thales S.A. on its implementation of a share incentive plan in the U.K.
- Various financial institutions (including State Street and Banco Bradesco) on various aspects of compliance with the U.K. FCA/PRA’s Remuneration Codes and CRDIV.
- Primesight on various stand-alone employment-related matters.
- Hotter Shoes on various senior management changes.
King's College London, University of London
University of the South West of England