Robert Mundheim is Of Counsel in the Capital Markets practice.
He focuses on corporate governance issues and has counseled special committees in the buy-outs of HCA, Aramark and Bright Horizons. He also chaired the Special Committee in the buy-out of Quadra Realty Trust. He advised the Review Committee of the JPMorgan Chase Board of Directors in connection with its review of the issues arising out of the London Whale matter, as well as the independent members of the Board of Directors of Wells Fargo in connection with sales practice issues.
He is also the Ombudsman for KGS-Alpha Capital Markets LP and Amherst Pierpont Securities LLC.
He was formerly Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Salomon Inc. and later Senior Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Salomon Smith Barney Holdings Inc. Prior to joining Salomon Inc. in September 1992, Robert was Co-Chairman of the New York law firm of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson and University Professor of Law and Finance at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he had taught since 1965. He served as Dean of that institution for seven and a half years (1982-1989). He presently serves as the Professor of Corporate Law & Finance at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
- Board of Directors, JPMorgan
- Board of Directors, Wells Fargo
- Ombudsman, KGS-Alpha Capital Markets LP
- Ombudsman, Amherst Pierpont Securities LLC
Harvard University Law School
Awards & Accolades
- Among his other professional activities, Robert has been General Counsel to the U.S. Treasury Department (1977-1980); Special Counsel to the Securities and Exchange Commission (1962-1963); and Vice Chairman, Governor-at-Large and a member of the Executive Committee of the National Association of Securities Dealers (1988-1991).
- He is a director of Gogo, Inc. and has been Chairman of the Board of Directors of Quadra Realty Trust, a director of eCollege, Benjamin Moore, Commerce Clearing House, Arnhold & S. Bleichroeder Holdings, Inc., First Pennsylvania Bank, Union Capital Corporation, Weeden, Inc. and a member of the Supervisory Board of Hypo Real Estate, Inc.
- Robert is a member of the Board of Trustees of New School University and of the Curtis Institute of Music. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Salzburg Global Seminar and a founding Trustee of the American College of Governance Counsel. He was a member of the Council of the American Law Institute for 27 years.
- He served on the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility (2006-2011) and was its chair from 2008-2010. He served as a member of the ABA Task Force on Corporate Responsibility and has been a faculty member of the Vanderbilt Directors’ College, the Duke Directors’ Education Institute and the Stanford Directors’ College.
- He was the President of the American Academy in Berlin and received the Officer’s Cross of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.